These Honey Baked Apples with Granola are an easy fall treat. They’re sweetened with honey and stuffed with granola for an added crunch. The orange syrup at the bottom of the slow cooker can be spooned over the apples before serving to make these treats extra rich. They’re great for dessert, breakfast, or an anytime snack.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 apple with granola and fruit | Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 7 mg | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 26 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 6 medium apples, cored (Granny Smith are a good choice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins raisins or dried cranberries (or a mix of each)
- 1 cup stovetop granola, or other clean eating granola
- 1/3 cup orange juice, (optional apple, cranberry, or pomegrante juice)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 tablesppons honey, cinnamon, raisins, and granola. Set aside.
- Leave apple peeling on and scoop out 3/4 of the apple flesh (inside of apple), leaving just a little at the bottom. Evenly distribute the granola mixture inside the apples.
- Pour the orange juice and 1 tablespoon honey in the bottom of the slow cooker, stir to combine. Place the granola filled apples inside the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- Drizzle over each apple a little of the syrupy liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker. Allow to cool before serving.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.