This granola makes a quick, crunchy topping for fresh fruit, yogurt, or frozen yogurt. It can even be enjoyed as a snack on its own. If you like more mix-ins such as dried fruit, chocolate chips, chia seeds, or coconut shavings, stir them in after removing the granola from the heat.
This clean granola recipe makes a delicious breakfast cereal too. Add a little almond milk and you have a nutritious, kid approved, breakfast.
Yields: 10 servings | Serving Size: 2 heaping tablespoons | Calories: 184 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 12 mg | Carbohydrates: 18 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, not instant
- 1 tablespoon virgin-coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, raw preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, add diced nuts and oats. Toast for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the oats are golden and the nuts are fragrant, but not burnt. Add oil, honey, vanilla, and salt, mix well to coat the oats. Cook 1 additional minute while string.
- Remove from the heat and spread on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Allow to cool completely before adding to an airtight container.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.