Enjoy atop a salad, or munch as a snack!
Chickpeas are good for so much more than just hummus! They’re full of protein, fiber, iron, and folate, and have a neutral taste, so they go with everything. We love chickpeas, and we especially love these honey roasted ones. In addition to all the health benefits from the chickpeas, they have healthy fats from the coconut oil. The spices don’t just add flavor—they also add antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Whip up a batch of these healthy honey roasted chickpeas to put on salads or to enjoy as a snack. They’ll liven up any dish, and will keep you full until your next meal.
Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- 15 ounces chickpeas can, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat chickpeas dry with a clean dish towel or paper towel then toss in melted coconut oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpeas in one even layer. Note: A few of the chickpeas may pop while in the oven.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes or just until beans begin to turn crispy. The chickpeas should have no softness left when removed from the oven.
- While chickpeas are baking, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gently toss hot chickpeas in the honey and spice mixture. Return to the baking sheet, spread in one even layer, and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until a glaze has formed over the chickpeas. Cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this recipe? We’d love to hear from you, so let us know your thoughts in the comments below!