Healthier skin in 1-2-3!
As we age our pores expand and it becomes difficult for them to return to their original size. This is why it’s so important to learn how to shrink your pores! Our body’s aging leads to a natural decrease in collagen production. Collagen is an important protein that produces elasticity in our skin. Without collagen to stretch and bend our skin back into shape, our pores remain larger for longer periods of time as dirt and toxins begin to harbor themselves inside.
Our pores usually have one size that varies from each individual. However, once they become clogged with dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria, they begin to grow in size. Without proper everyday treatment, our pores will remain large and look unflattering, often times causing us to feel uncomfortable in our own skin.
How To Shrink Your Pores in 3-Steps
Avoid going to the spa every few weeks, and feel beautiful in your skin again with these three simple steps to shrink your pores. They will help you work towards healthy, small, and bacteria-free pores!
Keeping our bodies hydrated is one of the most important everyday responsibilities that we should remember. Proper hydration is key to not only aiding in shrinking your pores but in many other remedies for our skin and body. Drinking at least a half gallon of water a day is ideal to keep the organs functioning properly. Our skin is our largest organ and providing it with consistent water allows it to function at it’s very best.
Although you may not always be able to drink that much water during the day initially, remember that fruits and vegetables are full of natural water that is healthy for your body. Our 21 Ways to Eat Your Water guide offers more options to make sure you get your needed dose of water regularly. In addition, our 12 Easy Ways to Increase Your Water Intake offers methods to help you keep your skin hydrated and healthy which leads to tighter and smaller appearance of pores.
Water has been shown to bring guaranteed results. “I’ve been drinking a gallon of distilled, or spring water, almost daily for the past six months. Not only have my pores shrunk considerably, but my skin has improved tenfold.” —Gale Compton, Co-Founder Skinny Ms.
If our pores are clogged, there’s no way for them to get smaller in size. Treating your skin to simple at-home spa treatments can have a major impact on cleaning your pores and helping them become smaller.
Our DIY Sensitive Facial Cleanser provides two key ingredients that are great at cleaning up our skin and diminishing the appearance of our pores. Yogurt has lactic acid which helps remove dead skin cells, while lemon juice contains citric acid which is an antiseptic and aids in exfoliation.
What to Do:
1. Mix one tablespoon of yogurt and one teaspoon of lemon juice together in a small bowl.
2. Mix both with your fingertips and apply the mix to your face thoroughly.
3. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
4. Use a natural moisturizer for your face. Try shea butter or coconut oil.
5. You can use this cleanser two to three times per week.
3. Dry Brush
The last step involves a new technique that is becoming quite popular. Through cell stimulation, dry brushing exfoliates dead skin cells, produces soft skin, unclogs pores, and activates our body’s circulatory system to help get rid of waste. Dry brushing revitalizes our skin and allows new skin cells to function properly at cleaning our pores to keep them at their natural size.
What to Do:
1. There are various dry brushes available. However, it is best to purchase one with natural bristles and a long handle to reach all over your body.
2. Stand bare in your tub and starting at your feet, begin to brush upwards towards your chest.
3. Give each area a firm brush, with long strides. Initially, your skin will be tender to the brush, but as you continue to brush, your skin will adjust.
4. Once you’ve brushed your entire body, run the shower water, and take a regular bath. Cold showers help to increase blood circulation and are an added bonus in skin recovery.
5. Pat your body dry once done.
6. Dry brush once or twice each day, before your shower(s). You can do this every day for amazing results.
7. Avoid cuts and abrasions and use less pressure on areas that feel more tender.
Tips for Additional Success
1. Whenever applying anything to your face directly from your hands, make sure your hands are clean and free from bacteria.
2. The higher quality of the ingredients you use, the better your body will respond to their natural abilities.
3. Avoid picking at your skin. With proper nutrients and hydration, it’ll heal naturally.
4. Be patient in all remedies. Whether a week or a few months, allow your body to get used to the routine to reap the full benefits.
5. Direct sunlight can be a cause for increased pore sizes. Use sunscreen whenever stepping out to help minimize the sun’s damage to your skin.
Sources: Livestrong, HealthyAndNaturalWorld
Depending on your daily routine, you may need more tips on how to shrink your pores. These articles all provide different ways to detox your skin, remove excess, and let you pores appear smaller naturally:
For more helpful skincare tips, fitness routines, and clean-eating recipes, be sure to follow us on Pinterest!