Make the most of your Instant Pot with flavorful recipes such as this easy, 5-ingredient Chicken Taco recipe! It’s just as easy as it sounds, but even more delicious. This simple recipe calls for boneless chicken breasts and various types of seasonings, including chili powder and balsamic vinegar. But what gives the recipe its Mexican flair is the chunky salsa. Once you’ve put all the ingredients into your Instant Pot, in under half an hour, you will have savory, satisfying Mexican chicken. Once it’s done, all you have to do is prep the tacos with tortillas of your choice.
This is a great meal for those long days at work or busy evenings with the kids. With delicious, fresh ingredients and easy clean up, you can’t go wrong! You can have a full-fledged meal in such a short time and satisfy the entire family’s Mexican craving.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 143 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 619mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 21g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 3 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast, if using frozen thaw before using
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) jar no sugar added chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients into Instant Pot and close the lid, ensuring the vent is positioned to "sealed"
- Press the "poultry" button and adjust the pressure to high using the "adjust" button. Set the timer for 25 minutes. In a few seconds, the Instant Pot will being to preheat and will begin the cooking process after.
- When the 25 minutes are up, wait 5 minutes and then carefully vent the Instant Pot and remove lid. Remove chicken and shred the breasts using a fork. Return to the Instant Pot and stir until chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Serve on corn or whole wheat four tortillas with your favorite taco toppings!