Easter is the perfect reason to gather the entire family to share a special meal and a special day. However, holidays can really pack your schedule. Not everyone has time to set aside hours and hours to prepare a well thought out delicious meal. Well, with the Instant Pot, you can put all those woes to rest! The Instant Pot is perfect for busy occasions such as Easter, when you want to impress without the stress. With convenience, cleanliness, and nutrition as the top priorities for this wonderful appliance, you can guarantee a productive cooking experience. Especially with healthy, delicious recipes such as this Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket!
This classic, Irish dish makes the perfect Easter brunch, lunch, or dinner! The best part about this recipe is that once all the ingredients are placed into the Instant Pot, you won’t have to lift a finger. While in the pot, all the flavor from the garlic and the juices from the vegetables will seep into the corned beef brisket, promising well-marinated chunks in each bite. The perfect amount of veggies and the slices of tender meat deliver a wholesome meal with no added ingredients that take away from the organic flavor. Once you finish this recipe, it will become a family favorite!
| 8 servings | 3 ounces meat, 5 ounces vegetables | Calories: 408 | Total Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 131mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 23g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14
- 2 pounds corned beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups carrot, chopped large
- 1 pound mini red potatoes
- Place corned beef brisket in the Instant Pot and sprinkle with pickling spice. Top with garlic and onion and pour in water. Place the lid onto the pot ensure the vent is sealed. Press the "Meat/Stew" button and then the "Adjust" button to select high pressure. Set the timer for 90 minutes. The Instant Pot will preheat and automatically start the cooking time.
- Once the 90 minutes is up, wait 15 minutes and carefully vent the lid and open. Remove the brisket from the pot. Cover and set aside while keeping warm. Add remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Select the "Manual" button followed by the "Adjust" button to select high pressure. Set the timer for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will again pre-heat and being cooking.
- After the 15 minutes, carefully vent and remove the lid. Serve along side sliced brisket. Enjoy!