A rich and delicious instant pot soup perfect for chilly nights!
Soup is the ultimate comfort food…Next to Italian food, that is. This Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup is the best of both worlds. This thick, rich lasagna soup combines all the warmth and comfort of soup with the can’t beat flavor of cheesy homemade lasagna.
Instant Soup, No Can Opener Needed
Of course, when it comes to comfort food, when you want it, you want it NOW. Anyone who has ever prepared a homemade lasagna knows that it is a full-day process. Lasagna soup is a good way to cut back on the time the goes into preparing that kind of meal without sacrificing all the warmth and rich flavor (or resorting to frozen grocery store version.)
However, making homemade soup is still a process! Fortunately, this Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup recipe really is instant. Or as close to instant as possible. This simple instant pot recipe is just about as easy as soup gets without resorting to a classic Campbell’s soup can situation. Oh, and unlike the canned stuff, this recipe uses delicious fresh ingredients and savory flavors that don’t require tons of extra sodium.
Comfort Food Made Skinny
This instant pot recipe is really the best option for optimum flavor AND ease. After just ten minutes prep and ten minutes cooking, you’ll have the perfect warm, comforting lasagna soup. Ideal for chilly winter days, cool fall evenings, or any time you need a little home-cooked comfort food.
This skinny soup recipe is warm, rich, and creamy while still staying light and clean. Top this no-guilt comfort food with extra parmesan or mozzarella for some extra warm, cheesy goodness. Serve with your favorite whole-grain bread or pair with a light and tasty Italian Garbanzo Bean Salad.
Enjoy this easy, delicious Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup for dinner this week, and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments!
Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1 yellow onion medium, diced small
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper diced small
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 16 ounces tomato sauce cans
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 3 cups whole-wheat pasta (any type - we recommend campanelle which look like tiny lasagna noodles or bowtie pasta)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese fat-free, shredded
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the sausage, onions, and garlic to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage into small pieces. Brown the ground sausage and sauté the onions and garlic until the sausage is cooked through. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent drain off the excess liquid.
- Stir in the green pepper, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and uncooked pasta into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release for about 5-10 minutes naturally and then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Craving more comfort food? We’ve got a healthy recipe for every craving. Follow us on Pinterest and Instagram to see them all!
Best skinny ms. recipe of 2018 so far. We could make this every Monday and be happy for the rest of the year. Monstrously flavorful. We added some sautéed mushrooms during the first step and fresh minced parsley at the end and wow. Just wow.
Your photos don’t do it justice. This was one of the best home cooked meals we’ve made in forever and we’ll make it again and again. Can’t thank you enough. Plus, it makes a TON of food. We have 4 portions in the freezer already.
Greg, Thank you so much for the feedback. We love that you and your family enjoyed the soup. Thanks again! 🙂
Any advice for those that want to make the soup but don’t have an instant pot? (I know, I know, I should really get one!)
You can easily make this in a slow cooker! For a slow cooker, brown the meat as directed. Add the meat and all ingredients except pasta and cheeses. Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Add the Pasta and cook on high for about 30 minutes or until Pasta is tender.
If you have the mini be careful this will fill it too much. Mine was right to the top. It all cooked but was a mess for the release!! Tasty none the less.
Can you use a turkey tenderloin instead of the ground turkey?
Diane, Sure tenderloins would be fine.
How would I go about making this using a stock pot on stovetop?
Mimi, Cook the ground turkey, then drain off the excess fat. Add cooked turkey and all the other ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until the pasta is done.