Soup is the ultimate comfort food…Next to Italian food, that is. This Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup is the best of both worlds. This thick, rich lasagna soup combines all the warmth and comfort of soup with the can’t beat flavor of cheesy homemade lasagna.
Instant Soup, No Can Opener Needed
Of course, when it comes to comfort food, when you want it, you want it NOW. Anyone who has ever prepared a homemade lasagna knows that it is a full-day process. Lasagna soup is a good way to cut back on the time the goes into preparing that kind of meal without sacrificing all the warmth and rich flavor (or resorting to frozen grocery store version.)
However, making homemade soup is still a process! Fortunately, this Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup recipe really is instant. Or as close to instant as possible. This simple instant pot recipe is just about as easy as soup gets without resorting to a classic Campbell’s soup can situation. Oh, and unlike the canned stuff, this recipe uses delicious fresh ingredients and savory flavors that don’t require tons of extra sodium.
Comfort Food Made Skinny
This instant pot recipe is really the best option for optimum flavor AND ease. After just ten minutes prep and ten minutes cooking, you’ll have the perfect warm, comforting lasagna soup. Ideal for chilly winter days, cool fall evenings, or any time you need a little home-cooked comfort food.
This skinny soup recipe is warm, rich, and creamy while still staying light and clean. Top this no-guilt comfort food with extra parmesan or mozzarella for some extra warm, cheesy goodness. Serve with your favorite whole-grain bread or pair with a light and tasty Italian Garbanzo Bean Salad.
Enjoy this easy, delicious Instant Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup for dinner this week, and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments!
Yield: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 294 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 6 g | Protein: 22 g | Cholesterol 48 mg | Sodium 841 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta (any type - we recommend campanelle which look like tiny lasagna noodles or bowtie pasta)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage in to small pieces. Brown the ground sausage and sauté the onions and garlic until the sausage is cooked through. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent drain off the excess liquid.
- Stir in the green pepper, Italian seasoning, tomatoes,tomato sauce, broth, and uncooked pasta into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release for about 5-10 minutes naturally and then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!