Top your toast with lemongrass shrimp!
Lemongrass Shrimp on Toast is the perfect hors d’oeuvre or snack! These mini bites are packed with a variety nutritional benefits. Lemongrass is a great source of vitamins A and C, magnesium, and zinc. Add the shrimp and you’ve got a dish that tastes great and promotes weight loss! These tiny toasts are ready to be topped for a delicious treat.
Lemongrass Shrimp on Toast Recipe
- 8 macadamia nuts chopped
- 3 shallots medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 dried red chilies small, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass bulb fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar organic
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp medium, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices of bread thin (your choice); crusts removed, toasted and cut into 4 squares each
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche see note*
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- red chilies for garnish
- In a mini processor, puree the nuts, shallots, garlic, chilies, lemongrass, ginger, lime juice, and sugar. Transfer the paste to a bowl and stir in the coconut milk, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the shrimp and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the shrimp and season with salt. Cook over moderately high heat until the shrimp are golden and just cooked through, 3 minutes. Spread each toast with crème fraîche (or substitute) and top with a shrimp. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like:
And, of course, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. You’ll be utilizing those fresh veggies and fruits in a variety of recipes in no time!