Prepare a flavorful, low-calorie soup in your slow cooker for an easy meal on a busy weeknight. Throw the ingredients into your slow cooker and come home to a dinner that’s ready to go. This hearty soup has 6 grams of filling fiber, 10 grams of protein, and only 128 calories per serving. The addition one of our favorite superfoods, kale, means that each serving contains over 100% of the daily recommended intake of vitamins A and C. Add quick Parmesan cheese toasts for dunking, if desired.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1-3/4 cup | Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 225 mg | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 13 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fresh kale, chopped, tough stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours.
- Stir in kale; cover and cook on high 1 hour longer.
- Stir in vinegar or lemon juice before serving.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.