Please the family with an easy weeknight soup!
Prepare a flavorful, low-calorie soup in your slow cooker for an easy meal on a busy weeknight. Throw the ingredients into your slow cooker and come home to a dinner that’s ready to go. This hearty soup has 6 grams of filling fiber, 10 grams of protein, and only 128 calories per serving. The addition one of our favorite superfoods, kale, means that each serving contains over 100% of the daily recommended intake of vitamins A and C. Add quick Parmesan cheese toasts for dunking, if desired.
Low Calorie White Bean Kale Soup
- 32 ounces chicken broth carton fat-free, reduced-sodium
- 30 ounces cannellini beans cans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound kale fresh, chopped; tough stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours.
- Stir in kale; cover and cook on high 1 hour longer.
- Stir in vinegar or lemon juice before serving.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms