Look forward to lunch time again!
Ready for a fun and unique lunch recipe? Try these sandwiches-on-a-stick! We’ve come up with 5 different great sandwich combinations that are served in a fun way. Perfect for all ages, these lunch box kebabs will bring some fun and healthy ingredients to any midday meal!
Fun Lunchtime Ideas
Are you sick of packing the same old boring sandwich for lunch every day? Time to try something new! These 5 lunch box kebab variations are a great way to add some fun to your day. Whether it’s for you or your kids, this recipe will delight the whole lunch table with its bright ingredients and unique look. Not only is it fun to look at, but it’s fun and easy to make and eat, too! Try one, some, or all of these 5 different lunch box kebabs!
Ham and Cheese
Ham and cheese is a lunchtime classic. All you’ll need for this lunch box kebab is whole wheat bread, deli ham, cheddar cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
Named after Elvis’s favorite combination, this sandwich features some sweet ingredients such as nutella, banana, and peanut butter. Stacked between some whole wheat bread, this sweet and simple sandwich will keep you full all day!
This italian-inspired sandwich-on-a-stick is made with traditional caprese ingredients like mozzarella, grilled chicken, and cherry tomatoes. Add a drizzle of balsamic on top and you’re ready to go!
Berries and Cream
Here’s a sweet, patriotic lunch box kebab to try this summer! Stack strawberries, blueberries, and cream cheese between bread slices for a delicious red, white, and blue meal!
This sandwich kebab is a tribute to my mom who absolutely loves Reuben sandwiches! Traditionally made with rye bread, corned beef, swiss cheese, pickles, and sauerkraut, this sandwich-on-a-stick captures the ingredients perfectly. We suggest serving the sauerkraut on the side, though!
Mix and Match
We’ve shared 5 different sandwich kebab ideas, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop there. Turn any of your favorite sandwich recipes into a lunch box kebab. Whether it’s sweet or savory, warm or cold, this deconstructed version will be fun and tasty. Be sure to let us know if you come up with a new variation in the comment section!
Building Your Sandwich-On-a-Stick
Whichever version you choose, it’s simple to make in just a few steps! First, slice any fruit, vegetable, cheese, or meat that you need. You’ll also want to cut your bread into quarters. Once your bread is cut, you can top with any ingredients that cannot be slid onto a stick, such as peanut butter, nutella, cream cheese, or hummus. Then, start sliding and stacking! Start with the bread, making sure to put the side with toppings on the inside, then add more ingredients. You can add two sandwiches to each stick, so for example, the order could be bread, cheese, meat, veggie, bread, and then starting over again with the cheese. Have fun!
Lunch Box Kebabs
- 2 slices bread whole wheat, rye, sourdough, etc.
- 3 ounces lunch meat chicken, turkey, ham, beef, etc.
- 1 ounce cheese cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, etc.
- 1/2 cup fruits or vegetables fresh
- 2 tablespoons spread hummus, cream cheese, peanut butter, etc.
- Cut the bread into quarters and slice any fruit, vegetable, cheese, or meat that you need.
- Top the bread with any ingredients that cannot be slid onto a stick, like spreads such as peanut butter, nutella, cream cheese, or hummus.
- slide the bread onto the stick, making sure to put the side with toppings on the inside, then add more ingredients. Finish off with bread on the other side.
- You can add two sandwiches to each stick, so for example, the order could be bread, cheese, meat, veggie, bread, and then starting over again with the cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest for more delicious recipes! You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter to get the latest and greatest articles delivered straight to your inbox.