Breakfast bowls are a super easy way to eat a nutritious breakfast. You can make them ahead of time and grab one from the fridge when you wake up. This mango chia breakfast bowl is especially healthy. It has tons of healthy fats (thanks to the coconut milk), tons of protein (thanks to the Greek yogurt), and tons of antioxidants and other vitamins and minerals. It’s also a great alternative to a smoothie. If you avoid smoothies because you prefer eating your meals to drinking them, try this smoothie-like bowl instead. You’ll feel full, energized, and ready to take on the day!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 288 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 61mg | Carbohydrates: 45g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 37g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups fresh or frozen mango, cubed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shaved coconut
- Combine chia seeds and coconut milk and mix well. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. This mixture will thicken as it sits.
- In a food processor, combine chia mixture, mango, yogurt, honey, and almond milk. Blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick add more almond milk, if it is too thin add more yogurt.
- Once desired consistency is reached, pour into serving bowls and top with berries and coconut.
- NOTE: This mixture can be made ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to four days.
What do you like to add to your breakfast bowls? Let us know in the comments below!