Filled with kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes.
Cooking Mediterranean-style is a simple and delicious way to eat healthy! Foods from the regions alongside the Mediterranean are packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and other heart-healthy ingredients. Plus, Mediterranean ingredients are easy to add to chicken dishes, and enhance their flavor and appeal. Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it’s easy to prepare. The next time you’re looking for healthy chicken recipes, look to the tangy and earthy ingredients of the Mediterranean!
You might also enjoy our list of 10 Easy and Delicious Chicken Recipes.
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes not packed in oil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper fresh ground, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Using a sharp paring knife, cut a slit in the sides of the chicken breasts, forming a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Combine the feta, tomatoes, olives, dill, parsley, scallions and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Stir until mixed well. Carefully stuff the chicken breasts with the feta mixture and seal the sides shut with water if necessary. Don’t overfill.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and sear each chicken breast until browned. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.