If you’re looking for something fresh and healthy to serve at a summer barbecue, this three bean and corn salad recipe is a refreshing alternative to potato or pasta salad. It’s flavorful and filling, and like many Mediterranean recipes, it comes together quickly. It’s a delicious salad recipe on its own, but it also goes nicely with tortilla or pita chips instead of salsa. This yummy recipe tastes delicious immediately after making it, but if you have a few hours to refrigerate after preparing, the flavors come together even more for a healthy, tasty snack or side dish perfect for entertaining.
Be sure to also try some of our other tasty salad recipes.
Yield: 10 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 299 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 25 mg | Total Carbohydrates: 83 g | Fiber: 25 g | Sugars: 5g |Protein: 30 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 ears corn on the cob, or 1-2/3 cups corn kernels
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Turbinado sugar, optional maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain all of the beans. Cut the kernels off the corn cobs, or rinse and drain the canned corn if using. Combine the beans, corn, tomato, and onion in a large bowl. Toss lightly.
- Combine the garlic, oregano, mint, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans and stir. Refrigerate for several hours if possible, or just until chilled before serving.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.