Re-hydrate with a refreshing burst of melon.
With summer right around the corner, we are constantly looking for new ways to cool down and stay hydrated. But sometimes, water doesn’t cut it. Here is a creative, new recipe for the perfect drink to serve at your next picnic, barbecue, or poolside gathering. This melon ball cooler only takes a few minutes to make but combines tons of different flavors for quite an exotic taste. Although made mostly of club soda, the cantaloupe and honeydew chunks floating in the drink let the juices from the fruit set into the soda. To top it off, a little mint and lime juice give the drink an extra kick for a wonderful cooling sensation down your throat. Delicious! If you are looking for something even more unique, try tossing in a bit of rose water for extra summery flavor.
Melon Ball Cooler
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water optional
- 1/2 cantaloupe scooped into melon balls
- 1/2 honeydew melon scooped into melon balls
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup mint fresh, lightly chopped
- 6 cups club soda
- Combine all ingredients and lightly stir. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint spring and sliced lime if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.