Nothing beats a refreshing snack on boiling-hot days. We don’t blame you for craving a sweet and frosty treat! If you’re on the hunt for a recipe that’ll cool you down without sabotaging your waistline, check out these tasty Mint Chocolate Chip Banana Popsicles! This recipe calls for just five simple, wholesome ingredients your body will thank you for. Bananas star in this nutrient-rich recipe, complemented by a few drops of peppermint extract for a touch of minty goodness that cranks the flavor up a few notches. Toss in some mini chocolate chips for a hint of sweetness your taste buds will go wild over! Simply pour the delicious blend of guilt-free ingredients into popsicle molds, pop in the freezer, and enjoy. These dreamy popsicles are a crowd-favorite and a must-have on not summer days.
Yields: 10 small popsicles | Serving Size: 1 popsicle | Calories: 184 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 42mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (recommend all natural extract)
- 2 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk (low-fat dairy milk will work too)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dark or semisweet mini chocolate chips, (Enjoy Life brand was used for this recipe)
- Add bananas, mint extract, milk, and honey, to blender and pulse on high until a creamy consistency. Add to a bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Pour into popsicle molds, or small paper cups and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Optional: for mint green color pops, add 2 drops of natural green food coloring
Love this sweet treat? Hungry for more? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.