Crunchy goodness with healthy ingredients!
If you like the rich, warm flavor of molasses, you’ll love these molasses and honey oatmeal cookies! They are a healthier twist on traditional cookies, which means you can indulge in one of your favorite treats without the guilt.
“Healthy cookies” is often a misnomer. Sure, the ingredients might be cleaned up a bit, but the fat and calories are still there to contend with. Another mistake people often make when they hear “health” and “cookie” together in the same recipe is to think they can eat and eat and eat without worrying about gaining weight. Cookies are a treat, no matter how healthy they might be. Eating a dozen of any cookie, healthy or otherwise, is going to cause your pants to fit a little tighter.
Luckily, though, there are healthier versions of cookies that cut down on the processed ingredients found in many store-bought packaged varieties. These molasses and honey oatmeal cookies are a great option. Sweet and delicious, you’ll especially love them around the holiday season!
Please note that these are not a hard or crispy cookie. They are more cake-like in texture and consistency.
Looking for other healthier dessert recipes? We can help. Check out our Skinny Mini Dessert Recipes.
Molasses and Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1 egg large
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quick cook oats 3 minute variety
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, vanilla extract, honey and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add in the flour mix to the wet ingredients while whisking and then the oats. If adding raisins, add them here.
- Using a regular dinner spoon, spoon 12 equal portions out on to parchment-lined cookie sheets. Give them some room because they will spread. We got 6 cookies per regular-sized cookie sheet (1/2 sheet in restaurant terms)
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until they appear to be cooked through. They will be light brown in color when finished.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.