Need a boost, but wary of the ingredients that lurk in some of those store bought energy bars, not to mention feeling completely overwhelmed by the enormous selection? We have a fantastic no-bake energy bar recipe that you can whip up anytime. You can have wholesome, tasty energy bars whenever the mood or need strikes. These fruity bars can be tossed in your bag when you’re on the move, and kept in the kitchen to assist when cravings strike.
These SkinnyMs. No-Bake Fruit Energy Bars are great for any time of year, but are especially welcome in the summer months, when spending time in a kitchen with a hot oven is monumentally less appealing. No oven needed for these energy bars. All you need is a simple list of energy-packed ingredients (outlined below), a bowl, and a blender or food processor, and you are good to go!
Our energy bars feature antioxidant ingredients, including chia seeds, flax seeds, and almonds. Chia seeds will help to keep you feeling full and, along with flax seeds, bring an impressive serving of omega-3 fatty acids to the table. Dates provide a powerful and long-lasting natural energy source, while almonds offer protein and vitamin E. Try these energy bars the next time you need a post-workout snack or an energy boost.
Yields: 8 bars | Calories: 209 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Carbs: 41g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 33g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 39mg| Cholesterol: 0mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1-1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons hulled sunflower seeds, optional
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree on high setting, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Mixture should ball up. If mixture is not forming a ball, add an additional 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons water, a bit at a time. Once pureed, remove mixture from the blender or food processor and place in the center of a sheet of wax paper. Form a ball and refrigerate overnight, for about 8 hours or more.
- Remove from the fridge and flatten between two sheets of wax paper into a square. Cut into bars.
- Note that it is helpful to put the bars in the wax paper into an 8 x 8" baking pan and then flatten into a square with your hands.
Let us hear what you have to say about SkinnyMs. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any SkinnyMs. Content.