These Easy No Bake Mocha Protein Bars are decadent and healthy, but most of all easy!
Some times the easiest snack to take on-the-go is a protein bar, but we typically opt for the store-bought variety. Whenever purchasing snacks and bars from the store, we can be oblivious to all the added preservatives and other unknown ingredients. Not to mention, once you run out, you leave yourself no option, but to make another trek down to the grocery store just for another pack. How much easier and more satisfying would it be to make your own protein-rich bars and replenish your pantry stock whenever you need to? This easy-no bake recipe for mocha protein bars takes little to no time to prepare.
These delicious eats are simply a combination of rolled oats, protein powder, cocoa powder, and mixture of healthy seeds for that enjoyable crunch. To form the basis for the protein bar itself, the dry ingredients are incorporated evenly into a dense mixture made from coffee, almond butter, and honey. This creative concoction brings together organic flavors with a much needed caffeine pick-me-up. To top it off, every snack bar needs a sweet drizzle, does it not? And, this drizzle is made from everyone’s favorite household ingredient: chocolate chips. A warm, gooey drizzle of chocolate chips seals the deal on this wonderful homemade snack.
No-Bake Mocha Protein Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup clean protein powder recommend Tera's Chocolate Whey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips recommend Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee cooled (the dark roast of coffee the better)
- 1 cup almond butter natural
- 1/4 cup honey raw
- In a blender, pulse 1 1/2 cups of the oats until a flour-like consistency. In a large bowl, toss to combine oat flour, remaining 1/2 cup oats, protein powder, cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, chia seeds, ground flax sees, and dried cherries.
- In a separate bowl, combine coffee, almond butter, and honey. Pour peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Lightly spray a 9 x 9-Inch square pan or an 11 x 7-inch pan with not stick spray and press mixture into the pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring often. Once melted, drizzle on top of the bar mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or until firm. Slice into 12 bars, store refrigerated in an airtight container.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms