Deliciously frightening- but not for your waistline!
Eat, drink, and be scary with these eyeball radishes that are an excellent addition to any party table this Fall. Radishes are partially peeled and stuffed with pimento green olives to resemble scary bloodshot eyeballs. Stuffed radishes can be served alongside of, and dipped into, a simple, smooth guacamole to serve. Try our Guacamole Verde.
Though scary looking, these crunchy eyeballs with creamy guacamole are actually super delicious, and perfect for any Halloween gathering. To serve on other occasions, don’t peel the radishes.
Olive Stuffed Radish "Eyeballs" with Guacamole
For the Radishes
- 30 to 40 radishes
- 15 to 20 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese nonfat or low-fat, optional
For the Guacamole
- 3 avocados medium-sized, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon paprika or 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- salt to taste
For the Radish "Eyeballs"
- Peel the radishes with a vegetable peeler, so that some red is removed but some strips remain (as pictured). Use the tip of a knife to cut out the centers of the radishes. Add an olive half to the cut-out center of each radish. If using cream cheese, first add a pea-sized amount of cream cheese, then the olive slice.
For the Guacamole
- Puree the avocado with lime juice and paprika or cayenne in a blender until smooth. Add a touch of water or olive oil if necessary to thin out the guacamole slightly, if too thick to blend. Pour into a bowl, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve alongside the stuffed radishes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be sure to subscribe to our enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.