Eat, drink, and be scary with these eyeball radishes that are an excellent addition to any party table this Fall. Radishes are partially peeled and stuffed with pimento green olives to resemble scary bloodshot eyeballs. Stuffed radishes can be served alongside of, and dipped into, a simple, smooth guacamole to serve. Try our Guacamole Verde.
Though scary looking, these crunchy eyeballs with creamy guacamole are actually super delicious, and perfect for any Halloween gathering. To serve on other occasions, don’t peel the radishes.
Yields: 40 stuffed radishes and 4 to 5 cups guacamole | Serving Size: 3 to 4 stuffed radishes and 3 to 4 tablespoons guacamole |Calories: 101 |Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 151 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 3
- For the radishes:
- 30 to 40 radishes
- 15 to 20 pimento stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or lowfat cream cheese (optional)
- For the guacamole:
- 3 medium sized avocados, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika or 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- For the radish "eyeballs":
- Peel the radishes with a vegetable peeler, so that some red is removed but some strips remain (as pictured). Use the tip of a knife to cut out centers of the radishes. Add an olive half to the cut-out center of each radish. If using cream cheese, first add a pea-sized amount of cream cheese, then the olive slice.
- For the guacamole:
- Puree the avocado with lime juice and paprika or cayenne in a blender until smooth. Add a touch of water or olive oil if necessary to thin out the guacamole slightly, if too thick to blend. Pour into a bowl, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve alongside the stuffed radishes.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.