The only thing better than a quick and easy meal? An easy meal and side all in one! Warm and hearty, this dish is both quick enough for a weeknight and delicious enough for a weekend. In addition to its life-saving simplicity, this One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies Dinner is also a super healthy way to end the day. Along with protein-rich chicken, this dinner also packs in super-healthy fruits and veggies. Sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and apples cook alongside the chicken, leaving this meal hearty, healthy, and flavorful. Rather than wasting time cooking a main course and side separately, this easy meal lets you do it all together! Meanwhile, cooking the chicken and veggies together gives this whole meal a savory flavor boost. Whip it up for a quick weeknight meal or enjoy on a crisp fall weekend.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1 cup cooked vegetables | Calories: 346 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 566 | Carbohydrates: 36g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints: 11
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts , sliced into quarters
- 2 apples, fuiji or gala, cored and sliced into thick half moons
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme, sage, rosemary, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, turn to coat in the herb mixture and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and red onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil then toss to lightly coat the vegetables in the oil. Spread into an even layer and place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Bake until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, change the temperature of the oven to a high broil and broil for the last 5 minutes to create a crispy top on the chicken. Serve immediately.
If you like this, check out some of our other Quick & Easy One-Pot Recipes! They’ll save time but not flavor!