Why settle for takeout when these One-Pot Chicken Breasts in Chinese Brown Sauce are so much better? This one-pot wonder calls for clean flavoring agents like honey, olive oil, and scallions to add subtle sweetness and a juicy crunch. The chicken is cooked in a flavorful mixture of broth, soy sauce, and seasonings, and then transferred to a thicker slurry and cooked to perfection. The dish yields warm, succulent chicken with a tender consistency that falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. Pair this protein-packed meal with any salad or vegetable dish and for a delectable dinner.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce | Calories: 288 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 653mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 34g | SmartPoints: 8
- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Flatten the chicken breasts with the bottom of a pan or cup. Pepper chicken on both sides. In a pan over medium heat, brown chicken breasts in olive oil on both sides, for about 4 minutes per side.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, and 1 cup of the broth and olive oil in a bowl. Add to the pot with the chicken and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whisk the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth to form a slurry. Stir the slurry into the skillet. Turn the heat up higher to allow the sauce to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once sauce has thickened, top dish with scallions and serve. Enjoy!
Let us know about your favorite chicken recipes! We’d love to hear from you about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see from SkinnyMs.