All the tasty flavors you're looking for in just one pot!
Why settle for takeout when these One-Pot Chicken Breasts in Chinese Brown Sauce are so much better? This one-pot wonder calls for clean flavoring agents like honey, olive oil, and scallions to add subtle sweetness and a juicy crunch. The chicken is cooked in a flavorful mixture of broth, soy sauce, and seasonings, and then transferred to a thicker slurry and cooked to perfection. The dish yields warm, succulent chicken with a tender consistency that falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. Pair this protein-packed meal with any salad or vegetable dish and for a delectable dinner.
One-Pot Chicken Breasts in Chinese Brown Sauce
- 16 to 24 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts 4 fillets
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce low-sodium
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Flatten the chicken breasts with the bottom of a pan or cup. Pepper chicken on both sides. In a pan over medium heat, brown chicken breasts in olive oil on both sides, for about 4 minutes per side.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, and 1 cup of the broth and olive oil in a bowl. Add to the pot with the chicken and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whisk the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth to form a slurry. Stir the slurry into the skillet. Turn the heat up higher to allow the sauce to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once sauce has thickened, top dish with scallions and serve. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Let us know about your favorite chicken recipes! We’d love to hear from you about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see from Skinny Ms.