It's high in protein and flavor, but void of unhealthy fats or processed ingredients.
If you want to avoid a mess, add this one-pot entree to your menu rotation for busy nights! Our One Pot Chicken and Spinach Dinner is easy to make. Plus, it only takes up one pan, so you aren’t left with a ton of dishes to clean up after. The chicken is simply seasoned with garlic, oregano, and salt, then cooked and topped with a mixture of tomatoes, spinach, and feta cheese. It’s high in protein and flavor, but void of unhealthy fats or processed ingredients.
This chicken would be wonderful accompanied by a simple side, such as our Zucchini Noodles With Pistachio Pesto for a clean, well-balanced meal.
One Pot Chicken and Spinach Dinner
- 12 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts (2 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes can, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup feta cheese low-fat, crumbled
- Rinse chicken breast in cool water and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with 1 tablespoon of garlic (divided between both breasts), oregano, and salt.
- In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add chicken and cook until both sides are golden brown and no pink remains in the middle and temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan on medium heat. Add remaining garlic and spinach, cook until spinach is wilted. Mix in the diced tomatoes and heat through. Top chicken with spinach and tomato mix and top with feta. Serve and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We value your feedback! Let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments section!