With only a few ingredients, this Parmesan zucchini recipe makes an easy side dish when you’ve run out of ideas, and is great for a quick and healthy appetizer. A few minutes under the broiler brings out the flavor of the cheese and softens the zucchini just enough to make it tender and delicious. A sprinkling of fresh basil gives you a burst of fresh summer flavor.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: About 4 slices|Calories: 36| Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 169 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4-5 basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Lay zucchini slices on a non-stick baking sheet or large skillet.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Broil until cheese is golden and zucchini is soft, about 4-5 minutes. Be sure to keep a close watch on zucchini.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves before serving.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.