If you’re stretched for time, you want make-ahead breakfast options that will help you maintain a healthy diet. Since a healthy breakfast is key to any diet, try our Peach, Cherry, and Almond Overnight Oats! Cherries have natural fat-burning and antioxidant properties, while peaches provide tons of vital minerals. This recipe combines them with almonds, Greek yogurt, rolled oats, chia seeds, honey, and almond milk in a creamy breakfast dish. So, it’s basically everything you need! Simply combine the ingredients and leave overnight in the fridge so you can wake up to a high protein and fiber breakfast sure to keep you going all morning long. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 282 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 84mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 cup black cherries, pitted and halved
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with the exception of the sliced almonds and mix well. Cover tightly, either with plastic wrap or in a covered airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- After refrigeration, stir in 2 tablespoons of the sliced almonds. Scoop into serving bowl and top with additional almonds. If desired, top with fresh sliced peaches and cherries.
What is your favorite overnight oats recipe? Share with us in the comments!