Do you ever have a sweet tooth hankering for your attention? Do you struggle to repress sugar cravings to avoid reaching for junk? Instead of depriving yourself from these deep desires, it’s important to indulge once in a while. And this peanut butter and dark chocolate squares recipe is a perfectly guilt-free option that’ll allow you to do just that.
Dark chocolate and peanut butter were destined for each other; the two foods are delectable when riding solo, but combining them generates a match-made in heaven. The nutritious blend delivers protein, fiber, and healthy fats derived from clean ingredients like coconut oil and peanut butter. Likewise, dark chocolate helps your body use insulin efficiently, and prevents blood sugar spikes. Take your taste buds on a ride of mouthwatering indulgence after biting into one of these savory dark chocolate and peanut butter squares.
Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Squares Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth, natural
- 1/2 cup coconut oil virgin
- 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips bag or semisweet
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil unrefined, virgin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients. Place the 2 cups oats in the blender on high speed until ground into a flour. Mix together the oat flour with the salt and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until fully combined and pour into a 8 x 8-inch baking dish (dish needn't be greased).
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil over medium low heat. Remove from heat as soon as melted and pour evenly on top of the peanut butter layer. Bake for 18 minutes and allow to cool on the stovetop.
- Place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Bars should be stored in the fridge or the freezer. If stored in the freezer, allow to sit for about 15 minutes at room temperature before slicing. Enjoy!