Warm and delicious, the perfect desert to end the day!
Festive, flavorful, and totally Insta-worthy, these Pecan Stuffed Baked Apples are everything you’re looking for in a fall treat. Combining apples, pecans, and cinnamon, this warm dessert packs some of the best flavors fall has to offer with a healthy twist. Sweetened with molasses and coconut sugar, these treats will satisfy your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar levels. The individual apple cups make portion control easy, so you can enjoy this after dinner treat guilt free! Enjoy these desserts on their own or topped with some low fat vanilla ice cream. To complete the festive fall theme, try pairing these Pecan Stuffed Baked Apples with our Mulled Cranberry-Apple Cider. Warm or chilled, this “Witch’s Brew” is the perfect fall drink to serve with your baked apple dessert!
Pecan Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 apples large, gala or fuji apples work great!!
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Hollow out the center of the apples by carefully removing the core and seeds. Place the apples in a baking dish with high sides.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pecans, coconut sugar, coconut oil, molasses, and cinnamon. Spoon into the center of the hollowed apples. Stuff the apples well, a little overflow is ok! Pour the water into the bottom of the baking dish around the apples.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes. The apples will be soft. Allow to cool slightly before serving, but leave them a little warm! Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Can’t get enough of our delicious baked apples? Check out our roundup of 12 Apple Recipes for a Delicious Fall. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest for even more delicious fall sweets and treats!