Feel like you’ve been eating too much meat lately and need a dose of vegetables? This wrap is a perfect detox meal. Our Pepper and Onion Wraps are guaranteed to fill you up just as well as any turkey or ham sandwich with more nutrients and less cholesterol.
Eggplant, sweet onions, and bell peppers add aromatic flavor and texture. Parmesan cheese lends a sharp taste to every irresistible bite. Pepper and a dash of hot sauce top the wraps off with a spicy kick. This sandwich is so satisfyingly savory you’ll find yourself making it every day. Enjoy!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 265 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 733mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sliced green bell peppers
- 1 medium thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 small eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 pieces whole-grain tortillas
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low and add peppers, onions, and eggplant. Sauté about 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 30 seconds per side.
- Evenly add veggies onto warm tortillas; add a dash of salt, parmesan, and a splash of hot sauce.
- Wrap up and enjoy!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or any other recipes you’d like to see on our site. Leave a comment in the section below.