This sweet and savory plant-based recipe is just as delicious as it is vibrant!
It’s not very often that you come across a dish that is pretty, pink, nutritious, and delicious– but here we are! Our Pink Vegan Risotto recipe is a rich, creamy blend of savory and sweet flavors with a healthy, vegan twist. It gets a touch of sweetness from the beets and coconut milk while the savory flavors come from the dry white wine and vegan parmesan. This plant-based dish is pleasing to the eye and the tastebuds! Try it tonight for a decadent dinner with your special someone or make it ahead of time for a treat-yourself kind of lunch break.
Pretty Pink Risotto
Inspired by the beetroot-based pink recipe craze, our vegan risotto is a beautiful and cheerful dish that is packed with flavor. Mixing brightly colored beets and rich coconut milk creates a smooth pink dish with an amazing texture. We even added vegan parmesan to this recipe to increase the savory notes. When combined in one creamy dish, this pink risotto will surely catch your eye and hit the spot!
Beetroot: The Powerful Antioxidant Root
Beets are known for their extremely bright magenta color as well as their sweet and earthy flavor. Its rich pigments are also packed with antioxidants that protect your body from environmental and consumed toxins as well as prevent chronic diseases. They are also a rich source of fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamin C, all of which have been shown to contribute to healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular health. Fun fact: beetroot helps to combat garlic breath, so you shouldn’t have that issue after this meal!
How to Make Our Beetroot Risotto
You can make our Pink Vegan Risotto for a creamy and eye-catching dinner in just a few simple steps! Quick note before we get started, beets stain very easily so make sure to wear an old T-shirt when grating (just in case!)
First, combine the shredded beets, low-sodium vegetable broth, and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Next, add the arborio rice to the pan. Add the dry white wine and stir until the rice soaks it all up. After that, stir in one cup of the beet mixture. Reduce the heat to low and mix until the liquid is absorbed. Continue this method one cup at a time until all of the liquid has been used. The rice should be completely cooked through by now. Once the beet liquid has been absorbed, pour in the coconut milk and stir until you end up with a nice and creamy risotto! Once thick, gently stir in the vegan parmesan. Top with parsley and enjoy!
Pink Vegan Risotto
- 2 beets medium, peeled and grated
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups aborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine vegan
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 3 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- Combine beets, vegetable broth, and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the rice to the pan, then add dry white wine and stir until absorbed
- Stir in 1 cup of the beet mixture. Reduce heat to low and mix until liquid is absorbed. Continue this method one cup at a time until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Once the beet liquid has been absorbed, pour in the coconut milk and stir until fully absorbed.
- Once ready, gently mix in the vegan parmesan.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms