Terrifically tender and seasoned to perfection
This pork sirloin chops recipe with apples and oven roasted Russet potatoes is simple, but its flavor is nothing short of up-scale. If you’ve always wondered how to cook pork sirloin so that it is tender and seasoned to perfection, this will be your new favorite recipe. These boneless pork sirloin chops and have added just the right amount of diced onions and zesty seasonings. Combine this with juicy apples, and the amazing roasted potato recipe, and you’ve got yourself a fantastic well-balanced meal that will not only keep you full, but is sure to delight the whole family!
You might also want to try our Slow Cooker Barbecued Pulled Pork.
Pork Sirloin Chops with Apples and Roasted Russet Potatoes
For the Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sirloin roast cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups onion diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 cups honey crisp apple diced
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth reduced sodium
For the Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine potatoes, oil, pepper and salt on a jellyroll pan; toss well.
- Roast 30 minutes or until browned and tender, turning once.
- While the potatoes are roasting, sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove pork from pan; keep warm.
- Add onion, thyme and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth; cook 1 minute or until the stock has almost evaporated, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen browned bits.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it! Tell us what you think in the comments section below.