Looking for a slow cooker recipe for barbecue pork, but worried about the unhealthy ingredients in other available options? Look no further than our Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork! This barbecue recipe is ideal for those who love the taste of southern barbecue, but want to avoid the calories and fat found in most barbecue recipes. We swap out several of the high calorie and processed ingredients for healthier, whole food options.
You can even transport it with you and serve it at someone else’s home – just prepare in advance and plug in the slow cooker when you arrive!
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1/8 of entire recipe | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 79 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Sodium: 592 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle) 6 |
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 pork loin chops
- Mix together all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the chops. This will create the barbecue sauce.
- Please note that this makes a lot of sauce. If you feel it’s too much, simply save some of it for another use, but do not reduce by more than half. Place the chops in the sauce and cook as directed.
- Cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches at least 165 degrees. Meat should easily pull apart when done.
- Optional: Garnish with red onion and add a slice of provolone cheese to each sandwich.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
What did you think of this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork recipe? Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.