You’ve never tasted a combination quite like this! Our potato and apple tart only has a few ingredients, but the flavor combinations are extraordinary. This savory and delicious tart is brought to life with a touch of sweetness from apples and a hint of smokiness from gruyere cheese. It transforms the humble potato into a gourmet dish that is so comforting on a chilly winter evening. Healthy tart recipes can be hard to come by, but this is a recipe you’ll want to keep in your collection.
Also, be sure to check out some of our other deliciously nutritious Skinny Recipes.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 7.3 g | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 10 mg | Sodium: 234 mg | Carbohydrates: 28.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g | Sugars: 5.5 g | Protein: 5.3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (same thickness as the potatoes)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9 inch cake pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, apples, onion, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the mixture until well coated with olive oil.
- Pour half of the potato mixture into the prepared cake pan and then sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese. Pour the other half of the potato mixture on top of the cheese layer. Cover the cake pan with a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil (this will help the tart retain moisture and prevent it from sticking to the foil).
- Bake for 40 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 6 equal slices and enjoy!
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.