This creamy, decadent cheesecake keeps its calorie count in check!
When it comes to dessert, you don’t always have to choose between taste and nutrition. This decadent pumpkin cheesecake has both! It’s is full of indulgent flavors, while still performing on a nutritional level.
The crust is made with nutrient-rich whole foods such as almonds, oats, and coconut oil. Additionally, it contains no refined sugars. After tasting this pumpkin cheesecake, you’ll never need to make the full-fat version again! Compared to other popular pumpkin cheesecake recipes, this healthy Skinny Ms. pumpkin cheesecake has nearly 100 fewer calories per slice, and 16 fewer grams of fat.
- 1 cup almonds raw with skin
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil optional pure butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese low fat, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese reduced fat
- 3 eggs large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt fat free, plain
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree can (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Click for Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or chopper device, add almonds, oats, salt and cinnamon. Pulse until a crumb-like consistency. In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbs coconut sugar and melted oil or butter. Add to a 9" springform pan and press crumbs in the bottom of the pan and about 1/2" up the sides. Set aside while preparing filling.
- Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese to a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and continuing creaming with an electric mixture until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and spread evenly. Place a cookie sheet on the center oven rack, and place springform pan on top. Bake for one hour or until cheesecake is set around the edges and the center still slightly jiggles. The cake will continue to bake when removed from the oven. Remove and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 4 to 6 hours. Run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Loosen the pan and remove the sides before slicing the cheesecake.
- If desired, drizzle caramel sauce over cheesecake or spread over the top before serving. Refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms