You've never had soup like this before!
Fall and winter are the perfect times to enjoy a delightful bowl of soup that is sure to satisfy and warm your body from the inside out. This Pumpkin Hazelnut Chai Soup recipe features creamy pumpkin, spicy hazelnut chai, and yummy coconut milk, blended into one of our favorite healthy soup recipes. Pumpkin is a wonderful winter squash. It is a versatile superstar vegetable that is good in both savory and sweet recipes. Pumpkin is a great healing vegetable to include in your diet on a regular basis because it has an exceptional amount of nutrients, including: carotenoids, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
You might also like these 30 Delicious Pumpkin-Inspired Recipes.
Pumpkin Hazelnut Chai Soup
- 2 1/2 cups lite coconut milk canned, organic unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups spring water or filtered water
- 1 teaspoon ginger root peeled, grated
- 2 hazelnut chai red tea sachets
- 4 cups pumpkin puree or 2 - 15 ounce cans organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup grade B or stevia, to taste
- unrefined sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup dried fruit and nut trail mix sprouted or raw, optional (reserve to top soup with)
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat coconut milk, water, and ginger over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer but not boil. Once the mixture is hot add the tea sachets and stir. Turn heat to low and let the tea steep for 3–5 minutes.
- Remove tea sachets and blend in pumpkin purée, maple syrup or stevia, and sea salt to taste. Heat soup over medium-low heat until hot and flavors have a chance to blend together, for around 30 minutes. Stir soup occasionally. Place hot soup in serving bowls and sprinkle with trail mix if using. Enjoy immediately!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite pumpkin or soup recipe? Tell us about it in the comments section below!