Soup is a favorite food of many, and it’s perfect for the colder months. It warms the body, provides comfort, and it can do that without all of the calories and unhealthy ingredients many comfort foods include. As a matter of fact, soup can be one of the healthiest foods you eat, especially if you include a variety of vegetables in the recipe. Many soup recipes also call for protein and legumes, foods that are great for filling you up without concern for weight gain. Best of all, many soups, including the recipes below, make perfect soup meals. You can serve them as the main dish with a side of whole grain bread or enjoy a hearty bowl of soup with no accompaniments at all.
If you love soup menus and you want to assemble a collection of soup recipes, this list can get you started. These soups are filled with healthy ingredients and provide vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. They utilize the best seasonal ingredients and appeal to a variety of tastes. The chillier autumn days and evenings are the perfect time for enjoying warmer foods and these 15 cozy soup recipes for fall are a perfect addition to your autumn menu.
15 Cozy Soup Recipes for Fall:
1. Slow Cooker Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup- This soup (pictured above) is packed with fiber and will really fill you up.
2. Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup- Many people don’t think of soup when preparing a Mexican meal, but this soup is the perfect kick-off to your next Taco Tuesday.
3. Slow Cooker Turkey Sausage and Potato Soup- This hearty soup utilizes the best of your potato harvest.
4. Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup- Nothing warms the soul like chicken soup. This simple recipe can be prepped in minutes and will be ready when you arrive home from work.
5. Chunky Turkey and Vegetable Soup- Vegetable soup is a great fall staple, made even better with the addition of lean turkey.
6. Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup with a Twist- This soup is a bit of a creamy indulgence, but still healthy and delicious.
8. Black Bean Veggie Soup- Black bean soup becomes something special with the addition of fresh fall veggies.
9. Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup- This amazing soup provides a powerful dose of the healthiest foods available. If you are feeling under the weather or just need a pick-me-up, whip up a batch of this soup of super foods.
10. Skinny Cream of Asparagus Soup- Asparagus provides plenty of health benefits and is delicious in this creamy soup.
11. Slow Cooker Rosemary Potato Soup- Bland potato soup becomes a thing of the past with the flavorful addition of rosemary.
12- Veggie Soup- This is not your ordinary vegetable soup recipe.
13. Slow Cooker Lentil Veggie Stew- Spice up a normal stew with the addition of lentils.
14. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili- Nothing is better than a bowl of spicy chili to eat while watching football on Sundays. This leaner version use chicken instead of beef.
15. Tomato Basil Soup- Use up the last of your fresh tomatoes and herbs in this brightly-colored soup.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. soup recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.