This Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Baked Apple is perfect fall recipe! It is not only healthy but delicious!
Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Baked Apple
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup rolled oats gluten-free oats optional
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin butter divided, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon fat free milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core the apple, hollowing out until the edges are 3/4 inch thick.
- Combine the 1/4 cup oats, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin butter, 1 tablespoon fat-free milk, 1 teaspoon raisins, 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Stuff this mixture into the apple.
- In a small oven-safe dish, stir together the hot water, 1 teaspoon pumpkin butter, and 1/2 teaspoon agave.
- Place apple into the mixture in the dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Ten minutes before finishing, spoon the syrup under the apple back on top of the apple for a nice glaze.
We want to hear what you think. Who did you make this for? Did you make any substitutions? Leave us a comment in the comments section below. Want to find virtual clean eating buddies? Join the conversation on Facebook!