Get ready to fill your home with the smells of the season because we’ve got a favorite fall treat that brings deliciously tasty seasonal ingredients to perfection. Made with 100% clean ingredients, like fresh pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, and flaxseed, this spice bread recipe offers up a hefty dose of SUPERFOODS for maximum nutrition, and it’s VEGAN, too! Enjoy a slice of Pumpkin Spice Bread for breakfast or as an after dinner treat. With only about 85 calories per slice, this is one baked good that won’t do damage to your weight loss program. Pumpkin Spice Bread is also the perfect fall gift for a party host, child’s teacher, or any other individual you want to make smile.
This scrumptious vegan recipe is brought to you by the No Meat Athlete started in 2009 as a simple blog for founder Matt Frazier to journal his transition to a vegetarian (now vegan) diet while training to qualify for the prestigious Boston Marathon. The No Meat Athlete offers invaluable resource for any plant-based athlete looking for inspiration, training tips, nutrition information, and vegan recipes to fuel an active lifestyle.
Find more recipes from Matt at the No Meat Athlete.
Also, don’t miss Matt’s recipe for Fresh Pumpkin Puree.
Yields: 24 servings | Serving Size: 2 slices |Calories: 177 | Total Fat: 8.1 g | Saturated Fat: 4.2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 130 mg | Carbohydrates: 23.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g | Sugars: 10.1 g | Protein: 3.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 3 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp each cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, and ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- sprinkles of oats and turbinado sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water until thickened. Combine flax mixture in a large bowl with sugar, applesauce, oil, and pumpkin. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the walnuts. Lightly grease loaf pans.
- Divide into two regular 8 inch loaf pans or four mini loaf pans. If you’d like, sprinkle on some oats or turbinado to garnish. Bake the large loaves for about 55 minutes and the smaller loaves for about 40 minutes. Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pans.
Check out these 15 Best Pumpkin Recipes from Skinny Ms.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.