This Quick and Healthy Butternut Squash Soup is exactly that: quick and healthy (but it's delicious, too!)
This Quick and Healthy Butternut Squash Soup is exactly that: quick and healthy! In just a few short steps, you will have a silky smooth and flavorful soup that’s perfect for a brisk fall night. We skinnied up traditional butternut squash soup by using coconut milk instead of cream and apples instead of sugar. To pair with all that sweetness, we then added ginger, nutmeg, and curry for a punch of flavor.
When you’re ready to enjoy, ladle your meal into your favorite soup mug and garnish with some light sour cream. This soup would be perfect with some Clean Eating Grilled Cheese as well!
Quick and Healthy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 1 butternut squash medium, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot large, peeled and finely diced
- 1 green apple large, peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg grated
- 1/2 cup coconut milk canned
- 1 tablespoon sour cream light, optional
- Heat coconut oil in a large dutch oven over medium/high heat, add diced onion, and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add butternut squash, carrot, apple, and vegetable broth. Add sea salt, ground ginger, curry powder, and nutmeg. Stir and cook for about 25 minutes, or until veggies are fork-tender.
- When cooked, puree the soup with a blender or immersion blender, add coconut milk, and mix again.
- Serve warm, with optional garnishes if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from The Skinny Fork.