Next time you want Chinese take-out, whip up our healthier Orange Sesame Chicken!
One of the biggest hassles to cooking is the cleanup afterwards. If this is your struggle, try our Quick & Easy Orange Sesame Chicken for dinner one night. All you need is one bowl and one skillet and you are left with a practically painless clean-up! In addition to being easy, this dish has amazing flavor thanks to the fresh orange juice, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Feel free to be extra generous with the red pepper flakes if you enjoy a lot of spice!
Next time you want Chinese take-out, whip up our Orange Sesame Chicken instead and save yourself the trouble and expense. This would be great served over a portion of our Crockpot Cauliflower Fried Rice (also a quick and easy dish, in case you were wondering)!
Quick & Easy Orange Sesame Chicken
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey raw
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add oil to a skillet and cook the chicken over medium-high heat just until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together raw honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 more minutes until the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Tried it and loved it? We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments!