Dinner doesn’t have to be a hassle. You can make a delicious, healthy meal in minutes. This turkey sausage with peppers and onions requires just 5 ingredients and only a few minutes of your time. Put all the ingredients in the pan and cook. That’s it! It’s as easy as it gets, and it’s just as healthy. Turkey is a great source of lean protein, and bell peppers are a great source of fiber and vitamin C. You can eat it plain, with a side salad, or over quinoa or brown rice if you’re in the mood for something heartier. With a meal this easy, you have no excuses to stop for takeout on the way home from work. Plus, it’s so tasty that you won’t want to!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 363 | Total Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 841mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 18g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 pound turkey rope sausage, cut into thick half moons
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, add all the ingredients. Cook until peppers and onions just begin to soften and stir often.
- Serve with a side such as quinoa or brown rice. Enjoy!
Add more turkey to your diet. Try our Turkey and Spicy Hummus Club, Turkey Sausage Breakfast Muffins, and Spinach and Feta Turkey Burger with Tzatziki Sauce!