Quinoa is an ancient grain grown in the Andes mountains, and dates back to 3,000 B.C.E. This protein-rich whole grain contains all of the essential amino acids necessary for muscle and tissue repair, and is gluten-free and full of fiber. Quinoa is often used in place of rice and is versatile enough to be the headliner in this ultra yummy and nutritious smoothie.
Do you love to cook with quinoa or want to learn? Learning to cook with quinoa is simple! Your family will love these recipes, including our decadent fudge. Enjoy the fantastic recipes featured in The New Quinoa E-book.
Yield: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 141 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 6 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa (cook according to package and chill)
- 1 frozen banana (pre-sliced)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups green tea (home brewed without added sweeteners is best), add more or less depending on consistency preferred.
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Tip: Quinoa can be purchased in the organic or health food section of most supermarkets. We recommend Inca Red, pre washed. Also, red Quinoa is slightly sweeter than white or black, which is perfect for this recipe.
SkinnyMs. recently released a new Quinoa Recipe eBook with scrumptious dishes like, Enchiladas Verde, Asian Stir-Fry and even Apple Crumb Cake…all made with what might be the world’s most perfect food, Quinoa.