A breakfast and energy-booster in one!
Quinoa makes a hearty breakfast cereal while providing protein and complex carbohydrates. This recipe makes a perfect pre-workout food which provides energy that lasts for hours.
Quinoa Breakfast Cereal
- 1 cup white quinoa dry, pre-rinsed
- 2 cups water
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey optional maple syrup, coconut palm sugar or sucanat
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk warmed, optional almond or soy milk
- In a large saucepan, add dry quinoa, water, sal,t and sweetener, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low-boil and continue cooking until water has been absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, divide warm milk evenly over cereal and add any toppings desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms