No-cook superfood heaven. Oh yes indeed!
One bite of this superfood candy, and you’ll be hooked. Not only do quinoa chocolate drops taste as good as any sweet, chocolatey candy available, they’re also made with superfoods like quinoa, almonds, dates, and dark chocolate, so they’re good for you, too. If you don’t have access to a food processor, a blender will work with a little more effort.
Quinoa Chocolate Drops
- 1/3 cup quinoa pre-rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 16 dates whole, pitted, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup almonds raw, with skin
- 1/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter optional, almond butter or SunButter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add quinoa and water to a small saucepan, cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 12-15 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed. Quinoa should still be warm when adding to the ingredients below.
- Add to a food processor or high powered blender, add dates, and pulse until they form a ball. Remove dates and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add almonds to the food processor and pulse until finely minced. Be careful not to turn the almonds into mill.
- Add dates (ball), minced almonds, peanut butter and warm quinoa to the food processor and pulse until ingredients are well combined. Add chocolate chips and pulse until combined and chips are melted into the mixture.
- Return ingredients to the mixing bowl, shape into 24 - 1" drops or balls. Roll drops in crushed almonds if desired. Place on a dish, refrigerate until set.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you love quinoa and it’s versatility, check out The New Quinoa E-book ~ An Alternative to Traditional Recipes.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to ourdaily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.