Our quinoa lentil burgers are out of this world! Don’t be surprised if even your carnivorous friends get a little curious and want to try one. These “super” burgers are not only super delicious, but they’re packed with quinoa and lentils, two foods that made our list of superfoods! This is what makes a quinoa meal one of the healthiest options available.
Our quinoa lentil burger recipe is full of flavor, but contains high amounts of vitamins and minerals to help prevent cancer and lower cholesterol. Quinoa lentil burgers are sure to satisfy your cravings for a burger with absolutely no guilt. Each burger has 13 grams of fiber, 17 grams of protein, and only 9 grams of fat. As far as healthy burgers go, this one is tops!
With tons of spices and honey Dijon mustard to add to the delicious taste, quinoa lentil burgers are delicious when cooked on the grill and topped with a nice thick slice of fresh tomato and a leaf or two of lettuce. Make a few extra patties to store in the freezer and enjoy anytime!
Yields: 4 | Serving size: 1 burger | Calories: 268 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 679 mg | Carbohydrates: 42 g | Dietary fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cook according to package instructions
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour or Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs, or whole grain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Sauté onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Prepare Honey Dijon mustard by combining the ingredients and refrigerating until ready to use.
- Thoroughly combine all burger ingredients in a large mixing bowl, make into 4 burger style patties. In a large skillet, on medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add patties and cook until brown on both sides, about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite bun or roll, spread on Honey Dijon Mustard if desired.
- Suggested toppings: sautéed mushrooms, tomato, red onion, romaine lettuce and Honey Dijon Mustard
We recently introduced a fantastic Quinoa Recipe eBook featuring scrumptious dishes like, Enchiladas Verde, Asian Stir-Fry and even Apple Crumb Cake…all made with what might be the world’s most perfect food, Quinoa.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.