If you love burgers, but you hate that they are loaded with saturated fat and are generally unhealthy, you’ll love our black bean mushroom burgers. They are a tasty option that satisfies your burger craving without all the calories and fat.
Whether you are whipping up a quick weeknight dinner, entertaining friends, or hosting a big family cookout, this burgers recipe is sure to please. It is so delicious, some might not even realize it is meat-free. We love it because it is packed with fiber and is a great alternative to traditional beef burgers. Eating healthy can seem challenging, especially when you crave classic American favorites like burgers. Luckily, our healthy burgers, like this one and several others, satisfy your craving without busting your diet.
That’s not all this burger offers. We’ve all indulged in the convenience of the drive-thru on the way home for work a time or two, but we’ve also learned it’s not the best option for our health.Trying to eat healthier but still crave fast food? This burger is so tasty you’ll never guess it’s….shhhhh ‘good for you’!
For a great fast food inspired meal with a healthy twist, pair this burger without sweet potato fries.
Black Bean Mushroom Burgers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans organic, drained
- 10 button mushrooms stem removed, diced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- In a large bowl add black beans and mash against the side of the bowl with a fork until all beans are throughly mashed. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Shape bean mixture into 4 patties, place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a skillet with cooking spray, heat to medium-low, add the bean patties and cook approximately 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns with your favorite trimmings.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.