With summer around the corner, you may be facing a constant struggle between indulging in that scrumptious dessert and maintaining your diet towards that perfect beach body. However, this recipe is the answer to all your problems. You can have the best of both worlds with the delicious raspberry kiwi lime cake that you will proud to say you made and more than happy to eat. What says summer better than fresh fruity flavors? This cake features just that in every single bite.
Similar to a key lime pie, the crust is made from walnuts, graham crackers, honey, and coconut oil. These ingredients are healthier alternatives to the standard baking ingredients that go into most cakes and pies. Once the crust has baked and cooled to the right texture, you can prepare the filling. The first layer of the filling consists of raspberries, which are then topped with banana, yogurt, honey, and a pinch of lime juice. Finally, the filling is topped off with slices of fresh kiwi. The last step is to let it cool in the freezer for around 3 hours or so. This may be the hardest step so try to be patient, because it will be worth the wait!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 313 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 198mg | Carbohydrates: 37g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints: 13
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground fine
- 1 cup whole wheat graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg white, whisked until frothy
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced into thin circles
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Mixture should look like wet sand. Press mixture onto the bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until crust is dry and darker in color. Cool completely before filling. Do not remove from pan.
- Arrange the raspberries on top of the cooled crust. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine banana, yogurt, honey, and lime juice. Whisk well until smooth and pour on top of the raspberries in an even layer. Arrange sliced kiwi on top.
- Place in freezer for about 3 hours or until completely frozen. Serve and enjoy! Store covered in the freezer.
- TIP: To cut, hold a knife under hot water for 10 seconds, dry and cut the frozen cake wile the knife is still warm!