Yes! Yes! Yes! Cheesecake can be tasty, light, and healthy!
This delightful cheesecake recipe was created by Tess Masters’ alter-ego, “The Blender Girl” who writes a quirky vegetarian recipe blog called Healthy Blender Recipes. She shares super quick and easy gluten free vegetarian, vegan, and raw recipes that can all be made in a blender, mixer, or food processor. To learn more about The Blender Girl, and to sample her fabulous gluten free vegetarian recipes join the healthy conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Yield: 24 squares | Serving Size: 1 square | Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 50 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 11
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Filling Ingredients:
- 3 cups raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw agave
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- To make the crust:
- Place the almonds, dates and cacao powder in your food processor until well combined.
- Roll this mixture into a ball (you might need a few more dates).
- Grease a 9 inch springform cake tin with coconut oil.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- To make the filling:
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender and blend until rich and creamy.
- Tweak flavors to taste. You might want some more sweetener or lemon zest. Note: this is quite tart.
- Pour the filling into the tin.
- Cover this tin with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 5 - 12 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cake to defrost for an hour and then place in the fridge.
- **Note: because of the coconut oil this cheesecake will melt if left out in the heat.
- To serve remove cake from tin, cut into slices and serve with raw cashew cream and lemon zest.