Vegan, healthy cheesecake that tastes delicious!
Yes! Yes! Yes! Cheesecake can be tasty, light, and healthy!
This delightful cheesecake recipe was created by Tess Masters’ alter-ego, “The Blender Girl” who writes a quirky vegetarian recipe blog called Healthy Blender Recipes. She shares super quick and easy gluten free vegetarian, vegan, and raw recipes that can all be made in a blender, mixer, or food processor. To learn more about The Blender Girl, and to sample her fabulous gluten free vegetarian recipes, follow along on Pinterest.
Raw Vegan Lemon Cranberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups almonds raw
- 2 cups dates pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao powder raw
- 3 cups cashews raw, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries fresh
- 1 cup coconut oil organic, unrefined
- 3/4 cup agave raw
- 1/2 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup water filtered
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract alcohol-free
- pinch Celtic sea salt
To Make the Crust
- Place the almonds, dates and cacao powder in your food processor until well combined.
- Roll this mixture into a ball (you might need a few more dates).
- Grease a 9 inch springform cake tin with coconut oil.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
To Make the Filling
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender and blend until rich and creamy.
- Tweak flavors to taste. You might want some more sweetener or lemon zest. Note: this is quite tart.
- Pour the filling into the tin.
- Cover this tin with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 5 - 12 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cake to defrost for an hour and then place in the fridge. **
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms