Make sure to have enough on hand for a big crowd, because they will disappear quick!
A trip to Red Lobster wouldn’t be complete without a basket of their cheddar bay biscuits. Our copycat Red Lobster’s Cheddar Biscuits brings the flavor of those addicting little biscuits into your own kitchen. Our version is skinnied up a bit, of course. We’ve used low-fat cheeses, skim milk, Greek yogurt, and coconut, almond, and whole wheat flours in our version, but there’s still plenty of flavor from the spices!
These cheddar biscuits are amazing served hot and fresh from the oven. Make sure to have enough on hand for a big crowd, because they will disappear before you know it!
Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese low-fat, grated
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- 3 tablespoons skim milk or soy
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese low-fat, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, cayenne, and onion powder.
- In a separate large bowl combine all flours, baking powder, Parmesan cheese, and 3/4 of the spice mix. Once combined, create an indent in the middle of the flour mix. Place the yogurt and milk in the dent and mix into the dry ingredients. Dough should be sticky, if not add more milk one tablespoon at a time. Work shredded cheddar into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Combine olive oil with the remaining spice mix. Drop dough by the spoonful onto a nonstick cookie sheet, about 1/4 cup per spoonful. Brush tops of biscuits with half the oil and spice mix. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits begin to brown. Remove from oven and brush with remaining oil and spice mix while still hot. Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are some of your favorite copycat recipes? Let us know in the comments!