Bite into this crunchy, nutrient-rich salad!
Roasted asparagus and fennel bring together two delicious green veggies to make a delicious, but light salad that is perfect for a hot day. Crunchy fennel is filled with antioxidants, while the asparagus is a nutritional powerhouse, loaded with vitamin K. Try this roasted asparagus dish and power up!
Roasted Asparagus and Fennel Salad
- 2 bulbs fennel outer removed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 asparagus bunch thin, trimmed
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, toss fennel and oil together. Season and place on a sheet pan. In a separate bowl, toss asparagus and oil together, season and place on a separate sheet pan. Roast each until browned and tender.
- Place the desired amount of arugula on a plate and top with fennel and asparagus. Top with more arugula, if desired.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, lemon zest, or parmesan cheese if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms