Roasted asparagus and fennel bring together two delicious green veggies to make a delicious, but light salad that is perfect for a hot day. Crunchy fennel is filled with antioxidants, while the asparagus is a nutritional powerhouse, loaded with vitamin K. Try this roasted asparagus dish and power up!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 242 | Total Fat: 22 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 150 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints 8
- 2 bulbs fennel, outer removed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In bowl, toss fennel and oil together. Season and place on sheet pan. In separate bowl, toss asparagus and oil together, season and place on separate sheet pan. Roast each until browned and tender.
- Place desired amount of arugula on plate and top with fennel and asparagus. Top with more arugula, if desired.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, lemon zest, or parmesan cheese if desired.