Our Roasted Asparagus & Peppers dish is a real eye-catcher! Brightly colored bell peppers roast to perfection and deliver a silky-smooth texture that’ll make you swoon. Crunchy, tender asparagus releases a rich flavor that complements the peppers wonderfully. Tossed with onions, garlic, and thyme, this dish offers natural flavors that’ll take your taste buds on a stroll through the garden.
This vegetarian-friendly meal is a snap to prepare and packs a bunch of vitamins and minerals into your menu. It also delivers a healthy dose of filling fiber. So what are you waiting for? Add some spruce to your meal by whipping up this savory recipe!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 91 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 152mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Sodium: 2g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottom woody stems removed and discarded (about 1 to 1-1/2-inch on bottom)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Loved the recipe? Have some favorite vegetable dishes to share? Let us know! Leave a comment below.