This flavor combo will make your taste buds swoon.
Our Roasted Asparagus & Peppers dish is a real eye-catcher! Brightly colored bell peppers roast to perfection and deliver a silky-smooth texture that’ll make you swoon. Crunchy, tender asparagus releases a rich flavor that complements the peppers wonderfully. Tossed with onions, garlic, and thyme, this dish offers natural flavors that’ll take your taste buds on a stroll through the garden.
This vegetarian-friendly meal is a snap to prepare and packs a bunch of vitamins and minerals into your menu. It also delivers a healthy dose of filling fiber. So what are you waiting for? Add some spruce to your meal by whipping up this savory recipe!
Roasted Asparagus & Peppers
- 1 pound asparagus bottom woody stems removed and discarded (about 1 to 1-1/2-inch on bottom)
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 red onion peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 thyme leaves fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more scrumptious veggie recipes, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter.
Loved the recipe? Have some favorite vegetable dishes to share? Let us know! Leave a comment below.
Love this! So happy asparagus is back in season. Lovely vegan recipe.
So so tasty I’ve made this several times <3
Awesome, Jen! We love to hear that!