This flavor combo will make your taste buds swoon.
Our Roasted Asparagus & Peppers dish is a real eye-catcher! Brightly colored bell peppers roast to perfection and deliver a silky-smooth texture that’ll make you swoon. Crunchy, tender asparagus releases a rich flavor that complements the peppers wonderfully. Tossed with onions, garlic, and thyme, this dish offers natural flavors that’ll take your taste buds on a stroll through the garden.
This vegetarian-friendly meal is a snap to prepare and packs a bunch of vitamins and minerals into your menu. It also delivers a healthy dose of filling fiber. So what are you waiting for? Add some spruce to your meal by whipping up this savory recipe!
Roasted Asparagus & Peppers
- 1 pound asparagus bottom woody stems removed and discarded (about 1 to 1-1/2-inch on bottom)
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 red onion peeled, halved and cut into slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 thyme leaves fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss asparagus, peppers, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until veggies are tender and lightly brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Loved the recipe? Have some favorite vegetable dishes to share? Let us know! Leave a comment below.